Tips For Looking After Your Mattress
The right mattress can help you get a great night’s sleep, and this is regardless of the type of mattress you decide to get. In matter of fact, when you look after a mattress the right way, then it can easily last for 8-10 years. With that said, below are some tips and advice you should keep in mind when it comes to caring for your mattress.
1. Use Covers– You will want to protect your mattress by using covers, preferably covers that are able to be put in the washing machine and washed. One of the reasons why you want to use covers is because they can protect your mattress from stains. Also, if you have a dust allergy, then you should get covers that have a purpose-made barrier. You might be surprised at how good a cover is when it comes to protecting your mattress from stains.
2. Let The Mattress Have Some Air– You want to give your mattress some air. What you can do is strip the bedclothes and let the bed air out for about 20 minutes. This should be enough time for the body moisture to evaporate from the mattress.
3. Turn It Over– You should turn your mattress over on a regular basis. Ideally, you should do it every 3-4 months. If you want to, you can even do it once per week for the first three months.
4. No Bouncing Allowed– Ban bouncing on your mattress. Also, try not to sit on the edge of it. This will help keep your mattress in good condition, but remember to also turn your mattress over on a regular basis, as this too can help keep your mattress in good condition.
5. Other Tips– You should unwrap your mattress right away, and keep it clean by vacuuming it from time to time. Not only that, but you can use a piece of cloth and some mild detergent to clean a mattress that has a stain on it, but don’t soak the mattress because this is not good for it. You should also see if your mattress has a warranty on it because if it becomes damaged beyond repair, then the warranty may cover it, but if your mattress is damaged as a result from gradual wear and tear, then the warranty may not cover it.
– Make sure to read reviews about mattresses. This can help you find a great mattress. Just remember to keep the above tips and advice in mind and you should be just fine.